Check Acceptance Policy
ProTech Computers accepts personal and company checks under the following terms and conditions:
- All items purchased with check payment remain the sole property of ProTech Computers until your check clears the bank, paid in full. We retain a security interest in all items paid for by check until the check clears our bank. We also reserve the right to immediate recovery of any items purchased where your check is returned by the bank unpaid and is not redepositable. All checks returned from the bank unpaid for any reason will subject it’s maker to a $30.00 returned check fee. Additionally, the check maker will be subject to further legal action if the check amount and fee are not paid in full within ten days. Customers who intentionally stop payment without returning the purchased items, or customers writing checks on closed or frozen accounts will be prosecuted to the maximum extent of the law.
- Two forms of valid identification must be shown, one of which must be a photo ID such as a valid driver’s license, State ID or Military ID, the other a major credit card or similar form of identification.
- All businesses wishing to pay for purchases with company checks must have a completed credit application on file. In lieu of a credit application, company purchase orders may be accepted on a case-by case basis.
- Checks must be drawn on a Michigan financial institution. Checks on out-of-state banks or credit card cash advance checks for out-of-state credit card companies will not be accepted.
- We do not accept personal or company checks for COD shipments unless you have an established account with us. We accept Money Order, Cashier Check or Certified Check on COD shipments.
- We do not accept ‘starter’ checks or checks that do not have the name and address of the individual or company making the purchase imprinted on them. P.O. Boxes will not be sufficient. A home or business address must be provided, as well.
- The check presenter/maker must be willing to provide their driver’s license number, phone number and complete home address, or have it imprinted on the check, regardless of whether it is a personal or a company check.
- We do not accept checks printed with VersaCheck software. Only professionally printed checks from a recognized check-printing firm will be honored.
- We do not accept third-party checks or payroll checks.
- The check may be written up to the amount of purchase only.
- Refunds or store credits on any purchases made with a check within 21 days of purchase are subject to delay until verification of full payment on the check by your financial institution can be obtained. In most cases, a refund check will be issued by our Accounting Department and mailed to you once your check has been fully processed.
- We reserve the right to refuse acceptance of any check whenever intent, validity, authenticity and/or availability of funds are in question.
- By writing a check to us for payment, you authorize us to withdraw the full amount of the payment from your checking account by standard deposit of your check, or utilizing Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT), if we so choose. In the event a check is returned from the bank unpaid for any reason, and funds are available in your account, we reserve the right to utilize Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) to withdraw the full amount of the check, plus our $30.00 fee, directly from your account.